FEATURES OF THE LORD’S CHURCH (Part Two)
B. As we continue let’s look at three other features of the Lord’s church.
I. The Lord’s church places faith in the all-sufficient word of God. 2 Timothy
A. All scripture is given by inspiration of God (God breathed)
1. God was actively involved in the revelation of His truth. V16; 2 Peter 1: 20-
B. The scriptures are profitable. 2 Tim. 3:16
1. Several ways:
2. The scriptures (v17) provide us with what we need to be:
3. The right understanding of God’s word when properly applied will lead to right
II. The Lord’s church or N.T. church is a praying church.
A. The early Christians placed importance on prayer. Acts 2:41-42 (802)
B. We pray to our Heavenly Father through Jesus. Colossians 3:1
1. When we pray we honor and respect God (Matthew 6:9-10,707) and ask for our
needs and the needs of others. Hebrews 4:14-16 (885); Philippians 4:6-7 (869)
III. The Lord’s church is a Spirit filled church.
A. God’s Spirit lives in the church. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 (842)
B. The Holy Spirit guides us to glorify God. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (844)
1. To glorify God is to give God the attention that He so richly deserves.
2. God is worthy of our praise and worship.
3. Two examples of the Spirit assisting us as we worship God:
Praying. Romans 8:26-27 (835)
Singing. Ephesians 5:18-19.Be filled with the Spirit means to come under God’s control
The natural outcome is singing and making melody to our Heavenly Father.
Question: How does our church compare to these features?