THE DISCOURSE ON THE MOUNT OF OLIVES (Lesson Four)
Prophecy Regarding Thge Second Coming of Christ (cont'd)
Matthew 24:45-51 (725); Also luke 12:41-48
A. The return of Christ is certain, but we don't know when. Matthew 24:32-36,44
B. Let's continue our study about the return of Christ.
IV. When Jesus returns there will be a judgment of all people who have ever lived. Matthew
A. Two attitudes that people will demonstrate toward the return of Jesus: 1) The faithful
and wise servant (V46) ___________________________________________________;
the evil servant (Vv48-50 __________________________________________________.
B. The judgment illustrated: 1) The good servant (the redeemed) ___________________
Vv 45-47; 2) the evil servant (the unredeemed) _________________________Vv48-51
C. The judgment according to Matthew 25:31-34,41,46
V. What should be our attitude toward the return of Christ? 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11 (874)
A. We are sons of light and sons of day (righteous; right). Vv4-5
B. What should we do since Christ will return?
1. Don't _________________. V6a
2. Watch. V6d
3. Be _____________. V6c
4. Have _____________ , love and hope. V8
C. When Jesus returns the wrath isn't for us. V9a
1. We will receive our ______________ salvation, which is eternal life. V9b
2. Our salvation is so assured that even death can't steal it.
3. We have salvation because of what Christ has _______ for us. Romans 5:1-9 (832)